- It’s soy and gluten free.
- It mixes easily into hot cereal, yogurt, milk, etc.
- It contains Omega 3’s and Essential Amino Acids.
- It contains no additives.
- It contains only about half as much protein per serving as other protein powders.
- It does not taste as good as other protein powders, especially the flavors above and beyond chocolate and vanilla.
Recently, I made a revolutionary discovery; I’m allergic to soy. The only way to find happiness in my life is by completely eliminating soy from my diet. It’s made a huge difference not only in how I feel overall but also in my workouts. I have more energy when I’m not suffering from a soy-hangover. But as magnificent as this discovery was it was equally heart breaking. Finding products that don’t contain soy or some soy derivative is like trying to find a person who has never heard of American Idol. And anyone worth his or her salt as a fitness aficionado knows that adequate protein is as important as the actual workout. Not being able to use my protein drinks was devastating.
I was sick to stomach as I went through the listing of ingredients in my favorite protein powders and pre-made supplement drinks. Every one of them contained soy of some sort. I wanted to cry. Literally. But I was shopping at my local Trader Joe’s one Sunday evening and came upon a miraculous product discovery. A protein powder made out of Hemp! Not only does the label boast: 9 grams of protein, 500 mgs of Omega 3, and 10 Essential Amino Acids per serving but more importantly for me, it is gluten free (I haven’t had wheat in 6 months) and soy free! I wanted to jump for joy!
Page :next »
Pages: 1 2